Tuesday, June 9, 2009

A Pet's Point of View - a different type of blog from me

I stole this from someone at the BT Rescue group I volunteer with but thought it quite good. If you love your pet, it should bring a tear:

A PET'S TEN COMMANDMENTS

1. My life is likely to last 10-15 years. Separations from you are likely to be painful.

2. Give me time to understand what you want of me.

3. Place your trust in me. It is crucial for my well-being.

4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, your entertainment, but I have only you.

5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your
voice when speaking to me.

6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.

7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet, I choose not to bite you. (Think about this one seriously.)

8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if
something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right food, I
have been in the sun too long, or my heart might be getting old or weak.

9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too, will grow old.

10. On the ultimate difficult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so. (It may be hard, but you love them & they need comfort.)

So you all know, I adore my babies & am a foster mother to a BT displaced by the Hurricane Ike. He is still waiting for his forever home. I've worked with him to help him overcome many anxieties - and he was definitely a biter. He is SO much better now, and looking for someone who deserves him.

We have many adoptable pets, and there are many rescues. Remember - adopt, don't buy. Check out petfinder.com for all kinds of pets.

Have a great day, & hug your furry loved ones.

1 comment:

  1. I went to the local shelter with my boy to pick out our family dog. My sister volunteers for a local animal rescue group in Houston. Having animals around is a real comfort and joy. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate comments but you must include your name to be posted. If you want to e-mail just me, do so - don't comment here. Any posting or comments made here are not intended to be legal advice. If you have a situation that does or may involve criminal law, seek the advice of an attorney via telephone or in-person meeting. I am not responsible for the contents of comments.